Greater Fairfield Board of REALTORS®

Our History

The GFBOR  received  its charter from the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION  OF REALTORS® in 1960 and in 1973 purchased the Lt. Issac Jennings homestead which was the first house burned by the British on July 7, 1779 and the first to be rebuilt. Through the years the outside of the building has been modified slightly but still today one can see the remains of what once was a flourishing grapevine. The interior still has its original slanted doors, fixtures,and fireplaces that are reminiscent of a time long ago.

The GFBOR began as the Fairfield Board of REALTORS® and at its Round Hill Road office housed the printing shop for the Fairfield Multiple Listing Service. Listings of properties were printed three nights during the week and the next morning members would pull into the parking lot and pick up their copies in the "mailroom". As our membership grew, we changed to our current name, the Greater Fairfield Board of REALTORS®. After the advent of the computer, our printing shop was no longer needed and today members have the option to belong to several outside MLS services. The GFBOR is a service center for the two main MLS's in the state.

The GFBOR has been involved with the community through the years. Some of our projects included: renovating the train station, a prom for seniors at the Senior Center, awarding over $110,000 to 65 students, 1/2 marathon sponsor for the Burn Unit, painted local fences for our Huck Finn Day, donated the Sherman Green bus shelter, sponsor of the Special Olympics, participated in the town's Reenactment at Town Hall, held a Pride in Our Homes contest for Fairfield properties for the past 26 years, held CPR courses for our members, planted dogwoods throughout town, sponsored school essay contest on private property rights, and participation in legislative issues regarding private property.